发帖
能量块
经验值
贡献值
交易币
只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 0 发表于: 2011-05-18
— 本帖被 超越急速火 从 变形金刚真人电影专区 移动到本区(2014-11-20) —
英文原文见帖子:http://tfg2.com/read.php?tid-31615.html
感谢TFC的Drifty和sideswipe,我这个翻译片段是在参考了他们翻译版本的前提下才能这么快弄出来(非常感谢要不然“the loss of the gleaming”我还真不知道要怎么翻好)。只翻了第一段OP视角叙述的情节。第二段人类视角以俺这速度不知道要翻到啥时候了,请大家就直接看TFC那边现成的吧:
http://club.tfclub.com/viewthread.php?tid=37714&extra=&page=1
翻译东西俺没什么经验所以这个也不见得有多准确,如果有错的地方还请各位高手多多指正。

Cybertron— The War Years
塞伯坦——战争年代
We were once a peaceful race of intelligent mechanical beings. But then came the war between the Autobots, who fought for freedom . . . and theDecepticons, who dreamed of tyranny . . .
我们曾经是一个爱好和平的智慧机械种族。然而后来,战争在两派之间降临——为自由而战的博派……和梦想称霸的狂派……
I am Optimus Prime, and I remember my world from ages long gone and mourn for what my planet had been. I wonder whether it could ever be restored to the glory that had once permeated every inch of its glorious surface, and I am saddened to realize that the answer is very likely a resounding “no.”
我是擎天柱,我在一去不复返的时代中怀念着我的世界,哀悼着我的星球曾经的模样。我想知道是否有一天它能恢复昔日的荣耀,那曾经深种于它每一寸辉煌土地的荣耀,而我悲哀地意识到,答案很可能是一个轰然回响的“否”。
Once . . .
曾经……
Once the sky above had been a shimmering, cloudless blue.
曾经头顶的天空是明澈无云的蔚蓝。
Once the surface had been a vast stretch of gleaming silver composed of an array of flat metal continents that were interlocked with each otherin perfect geometric shapes. Between the continents were vast valleys that served both as the homes of the population of Cybertron and as aplace to take refuge should anyone be foolish enough to try to attack our small but hardy world.
曾经脚下的大地是一望无际的银光,平坦的金属大陆阵列以完美的几何形状连结在一起。大陆间壮阔的峡谷既是塞伯坦人的家园,也提供安全的避难所。只有愚蠢透顶的人才会来攻击我们这小小的,但坚强的世界。
We have lost the gleaming. That is our greatest loss: the loss of the gleaming.
我们已经失去了那银光,那是我们最大的损失:光辉不再。
The once-silvery world is now burnished and dark and gray, carbon-scored with countless battles that have ranged above the surface, upon it, andbelow it. The sky is permanently blackened through the haze of smoke that resulted from the constant explosions and battles that had ranged from one pole of Cybertron to the other.
曾经白银般的世界如今磨损而黯淡。无数战斗带来的焦痕遍布行星的表面,地上和地下。缘于纵贯塞伯坦两极无休止的爆炸和激战,天空永久地笼罩在硝烟的阴霾中。
The incessant battles have been destructive to far more than just the exterior of the world. It has suffered on every level. Once Cybertron had been teeming with life, the paragon of scientific research and development in its particular corner of the galaxy. The technological advances were beyond anything that was known for any other race. Nor had its advancements been limited to science. The arts were treasured aswell. The residents of Cybertron wrote poetry . . . mostly of the great achievements by their ancestors.
旷日持久的战斗远不止破坏了这个世界的表面。它的每一个层面都在承受着痛苦。曾经的塞伯坦充满生机,在银河一隅,它是科研与发展的典范。科技的进步因超越其他任何种族的认知而闻名。而它的进步不仅局限于科学,艺术同样被视为瑰宝。塞伯坦的子民书写了无数诗篇……来歌颂他们祖先的伟大成就。
We scream defiant howls of challenge in combat. We scream through the air, inflicting brutal punishment and damage and death upon each other.We scream in pain, and we scream in death.
我们在战斗中挑衅地咆哮。我们喊杀震天,给予彼此残酷的惩罚、毁伤与死亡。我们在痛苦中尖叫,在死亡中哀嚎。
Once we were a proud civilization. Now our very world is a victim of war, wounded and dying, and the only thing we have left to be proud of is simply surviving from one day to the next. And how much pride can we take in that when we think of all that we have lost?
曾经我们是一个自豪的文明。现在我们的世界成了战争的牺牲品,重伤垂死,我们能够引以为豪的事情仅剩活着迎接下一个明天。而当我们想起所有的失去,这自豪还能有几分存余?
I tread across the battlefield. To my immediate right runs the edge of a valley that is steeped in the shadow of death. I step carefully around random pieces of deceased brethren. It seems that every day sees the fall of another brave warrior. Will there ever come an end to it? Well,yes, obviously. It will end when all of one side or the other is dead.What would happen then? Would it be possible to rebuild and perhaps restore Cybertron to its former glory? Those very words have been askedby my devoted followers. I nod in confidence, as a Prime is expected to do, and assure those who believed in me that Cybertron can and will survive—has to survive—and it is upon them to make certain that it does so.
我踏过战场。我的右侧紧邻被死亡笼罩的谷地。我小心地穿行在阵亡同袍们的遗骸间。似乎每天都能看见又一个勇敢的战士倒下。这一切会有结束的一天吗?哦,是的,显然。当一方或另一方全部死绝时就会结束。那时又会怎样?塞伯坦可能得到重建,恢复昔日的荣耀吗?这些话我忠实的追随者们早已问过。我充满信心地点头,像一个首领被期望的那样,我向相信我的人们保证塞伯坦能够而且将会存活——必须存活——好让他们确信无疑。
What else am I supposed to say? That Cybertron is doomed? Surely they could see that with their own eyes. But they need to believe in something greater than simply endeavoring to survive another round of assaults from their enemies. There has to be more to living than simply not dying. There has to be—and it is my job to make sure that it is provided even though I suspect it may be hopeless. This is no longer a world. It is simply a battlefield with pretensions of something more.Pretensions that will never be realized.
我还能说什么?塞伯坦已经完了?的确那用他们自己的眼睛就能看到。但他们需要相信一些比仅仅在敌人的下一轮袭击中努力生存更重要的东西。“活着”必须要有比“不死”多那么一点的东西。必须要有——而我的职责就是提供这点东西,即使连我自己也怀疑它希望渺茫。这已经不再是一个世界,它已经成了某种矫饰的理想的战场。而那些矫饰的理想永远不会被实现。
A noise rips through the air above the field, jolting me from my melancholy reverie. I see an aircraft, a large one that is moving far faster than its considerable size would have made seem possible.
一个声音撕裂了战场上方的空气,把我从悲伤的思绪中惊醒。我看到了一艘飞船,一艘从它庞大的体积看来谁也想不到能移动得如此之快的飞船。
I know the craft. I know what it contains and its importance to our future.
我认得那飞船,我知道它装着什么,它对我们的未来至关重要。
There are six Decepticon fighters howling after it.
六个狂派战士正狂啸着追在后面。
Out of reflex, I whip my Energon sword into a defensive position. “No,” I say, and then louder, “No!” I wave my sword in a vain attempt to try to draw attention to myself. But the Decepticons are paying me no heed.They have their sights locked on to a far more formidable target.
本能地,我抽出能量刀摆出防御姿势。“不,”我说道,然后更大声地,“不!”我徒劳地挥着刀企图把他们的注意力吸引到自己身上。但狂派们根本没有注意到我,他们已经把目光锁定在那更加可怕的目标上。
The aircraft being pursued is far larger than the Decepticons that are chasing it, but the attack vessels have the advantage of both number and speed. Apparently aware of that, the aircraft is determined to shake its hunters rather than try to fight it out. It dives into the canyon that is to my immediate right. Without hesitation, the six smaller vessels dive in after it.
被追击的飞船远比追赶它的狂派们巨大得多,但攻击的一方在人数和速度上都占优势。显然意识到了这一点,飞船决定甩掉追击者而不是以武相争。它俯冲飞入了我右边的峡谷中,而六架小飞机也毫不犹豫地跟着俯冲了下去。
I start running, desperate to keep the larger air- craft in sight and perhaps provide aid if it is remotely possible.
我开始奔跑,拼命地让那艘大型飞船保持在视野之内,哪怕只有一线可能,我也会尽力提供援助。
This particular valley is a maze of towers and outcroppings. The larger aircraft darts into their depths, threading the needle of obstructions as the smaller ships follow behind, fast and hard.
这特殊的峡谷是一个由高塔和突出物构成的迷宫。大型飞船一头扎进深处,艰难地在障碍中穿梭,小飞机们在后面穷追不舍。
The common wisdom would have been for the aircraft to try to gain evenmore speed. Instead it slows abruptly, twisting sideways to avoid blasts from the pursuing vessels while permitting a couple of them to get closer than they had expected, faster than they were prepared for. The aircraft flips its wings quickly, first in one direction and then in theother, slapping the pursuing vessels broadside and sending them crashing into the canyon walls. They erupt in balls of flame. Flying shrapnel is hurtling in all directions, cutting through yet another vessel, riddling it with holes and destroying its ability to maneuver.It flips end over end and strikes a tower, bending around it with a screech of metal.
通常来说大型飞船应该继续加速摆脱。但它反而突然减速,向一侧盘旋着避开追击的火力,同时也让两架战机以过快的速度冲到离它过近的位置。飞船迅速转动它的双翼,正向然后反向,猛地拍中两架战机的舷侧,将它们扫到峭壁上。它们爆成了两团火球,四散飞射的碎片直接穿透了第三架战机,使它失去了行动能力。它翻转着撞向一座高塔,机身弯折在塔尖上发出刺耳的金属摩擦声。
On flies the larger aircraft, picking up speed, diving even lower into the canyon. Two more ships go after it.
飞船提高了速度,更深地潜入谷底,另两架战机仍然紧随。
It should have been impossible for the large aircraft to accomplish what it does next. It fires its reverse thrusters, and the ship flips over 180 degrees. It is suddenly flying backward, staring directly down its barrels at the ships pursuing it. The airship fires off a few quick shots, blasting aside the two ships, sending them colliding into eachother. Then it flips back, narrowly avoiding smashing headlong into an outcropping before zipping around it and going faster than ever.
接下来大型飞船完成了一串不可能的动作。它先启动反转推进器,整个船体翻转了180度,倒飞着使它的炮管直指追击而来的战机。一串速射击中了两架飞机的侧面,使它们撞在一起。然后它翻身回来,在迎头撞向一块突出物前及时闪开,并提升到前所未有的速度。
It is everything I can do to keep up, to be able to see what ishappening. Five of the six pursuers are gone, and I allow, just for amoment, hope to swell within me.
我能做的一切就是设法跟上,目睹所有的发生。六个追击者已经挂了五个,在我内心,有那么一瞬间,感觉到了希望升腾。
Then I recognize the remaining Decepticon fighter, and dread fills me once more.
然后我就认出了剩下的那个狂派战士,希望再次被惶恐占据。
It is Starscream, leader of the air command. I know all too well that once Starscream is locked upon his quarry, he will never give up. Infact, he probably could have destroyed the target at any time. To Starscream, this is more of a game than a challenge.
那是红蜘蛛,狂派的空军指挥官。我最了解不过的就是红蜘蛛一旦锁定了他的猎物,就绝不会放过。实际上,他大概随时都可以摧毁那个目标。对红蜘蛛来说,这更像是场游戏而不是个挑战。
But it is a game that he is still going to win, and furthermore, it is a game that he is tiring of.
但这是场无论如何他都会赢的游戏,此外,他已经开始玩腻了。
“Starscream! Stand and face me!” I shout.
“红蜘蛛!来跟我单挑!”我大喊。
It is impossible to determine whether Starscream hears me. If he does,he ignores me. He probably even chuckles to himself inwardly at the desperation of my plea, a desperation that I could scarcely keep out of my voice.
无法确知红蜘蛛有没有听到,就算他听到了也没睬我。也许他还会在心里窃笑我这诉求的绝望,那种我几乎无法从声音中驱除的绝望。
With the section of the canyon coming to an end, there is nowhere else for the airship to go. Now it is simply going to be a matter of speed.The airship angles straight up a split second before reaching the end of the trench, hurtling vertically toward the outer atmosphere. Starscreamdoes not slow a whit as he goes after it.
离峡谷的末端越来越近,飞船已经别无去处。现在只剩下一个速度问题。飞船在触及峭壁的前一秒钟猛然抬头,以垂直角度冲向大气层外。红蜘蛛马不停蹄地追了上去。
I have never felt more helpless. My grip tightens in frustration on the Energon sword. I can only watch as the battle plays out toward what seems an inevitable conclusion.
我从未感到比此刻更加无助。我的手挫败地握紧能量刀。我只能眼睁睁看着这场战斗走向不可避免的结局。
Higher and higher speeds the airship, and suddenly it puts on a burst of speed that threatens to leave Starscream behind. There is what sounds like a howl of outrage from the Decepticon, or it might just have been the screech of the air being rent asunder. Either way, for one glorious moment, it seems that a miracle might well occur and the airship will manage to elude its pursuer.
飞船不断加速,突然它爆发出一个冲刺,几乎甩掉了红蜘蛛。一个声音传来,似乎是那个狂派愤怒的嚎叫,也可能只是空气被撕裂的尖啸。不管怎样,在那辉煌的一刻,看起来好像奇迹确会发生,飞船将能逃过追击。
I should have known better.
我早该明白。
Starscream locks on and fires. A single pulse from his cannon catches the aft wing of the fleeing ship.
红蜘蛛瞄准然后开火了,一道脉冲击中了逃离中的飞船的尾翼。
The result is instantaneous and catastrophic. The blast tears off a stabilizer. It sends a shudder through the airship, and seconds later the cargo door blows open. Debris spills down from it, tumbling to the dirty gray surface of Cybertron like metal rain. The airship tries to compensate but fails completely. Instead, with no control at all, the airship spirals off into the darkness of space, the distant stars gleaming at it silently.
结果是即时的也是灾难性的。爆炸撕下了一个稳定器,整个船体随之震颤起来,几秒钟后货仓的门被炸开了。碎片纷纷溅落,像一场翻滚的金属豪雨洒向塞伯坦遍布尘灰的大地。飞船试图恢复平衡,结果彻底失败。它完全失去了控制,旋转着冲入外层空间的黑暗中,遥远的群星注视着它,沉默。
With his job done, Starscream banks sharply away. Again it could well be my imagination, but I think I may have heard mocking laughter as Starscream departs.
完成了他的任务,红蜘蛛斜飞着拐了个弯离开。再一次地,也许只是我的想象,但我想我的确听了到他离去时嘲弄的笑声。
The Decepticon wouldn’t even do me the simple courtesy of facing me in battle. Either he is worried that I would destroy him or, more likely,he is arrogantly convinced that he would destroy me.
那狂派甚至连赏个脸下来与我交战都不愿,要么是他怕我把他干掉,要么更可能的是,他自负地深信他能把我干掉。
Which means he wants me to live. He wants me to be saddled with the awareness of what had just happened and my helplessness at preventing it. He wants it to eat at me, to make me dwell as long as possible upon the catastrophe that had just befallen the Autobots.
那意味着他想让我活着。他想让我承担意识到刚才所发生的一切并且无力阻止时的重负。他想让那重负吞噬我,让我停滞在这场刚刚降临博派头顶的灾难上越久越好。
Disappointment hangs heavily upon me. I am all too aware of the importance of that ship that had been blasted away into space. It represents a horrific loss not only to the Autobots but to Cybertronitself.
沉重的失望就悬在我头顶。那艘被炸飞到宇宙里的飞船的价值我清楚得不能再清楚。那代表着一个可怕的损失,不仅是对博派,更是对塞伯坦本身。
I am not one to give up, ever. Yet three words go through my mind, three words that I dare not utter lest one of the other Autobots hear me and fall into despair to hear their Prime speak so.
我不是个轻易放弃的人,从不是。然而还是有四个字闪入了我的意识,四个我绝不敢让任何一个博派听见他们的首领说出来然后陷入绝望的字。
And those three words are: we are lost.
这四个字是:我们输了。
1条评分能量块+500
超越急速火 能量块 +500 优秀文章,支持!n神马都是浮云 2011-05-20
离线leonard2007

发帖
能量块
经验值
贡献值
交易币
只看该作者 1 发表于: 2011-05-18